Skylar Diggins, the sophomore guard who this month led the Notre Dame women's basketball team to victory over Connecticut, experienced the first media gossip of her career with the release of an alleged Xxx photo.

The alleged photo of someone with striking resemblance to Diggins landed online Fri (Apr 15th).

Diggins denied the photograph was taken of her.

In four successive tweets Fri dark and early Sat morning, she addressed the photograph:

"Gotta clear this up. I dnt knw wht pic is going around, but tht is NOT ME. Idk who is going around trying to defame my grapheme,but its pitiful

"The people that know me and love me know that I would never handle myself in such a careless and classless way.

"I can truly say I am hurt past this…I dnt believe how someone could endeavour to ruin my proper name just being untrue. I am stronger than this though

"I volition non run away and hide. There is no reason to…..goodnight and I will be back to continue my thoughts and tweet regularly tomorrow…" (Skylats Diggins Twitter)

Diggins is one of the nearly popular women'south basketball players on Twitter, after Her followers grew from less than four,000 to 100,000 as her Twitter relationship with Lil Wayne (@LilTunechi) gained attention.